Direct Hire Position
Account manager responsibilities include developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of clients. This role will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
Success in this role is also dependent on maintaining client relationships in an ongoing manner.
The role requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of experience preferably in an education-related industry; fewer than 5 years of hands-on experience might be supplemented with relevant training and/or professional development.
The ideal candidate is familiar with education technology, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as this role continues to mature and develop.
You will serve as a point-person and help build long-term relationships with customers.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Track key metrics for accounts, including billable hours related to internal development work, and invoice clients appropriately
- Communicate with customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Continue to grow professionally by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Maintain client relationships delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Work across teams to onboard and integrate new clients
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years account/partnership management or other relevant experience, ideally in an education-focused role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and negotiate credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering timely solutions based on contractual obligations
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Natural relationship-builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Superb time and project management skills
- Desire to improve current processes for scalability
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Experience with finance (e.g. purchase orders, invoicing) is a plus
- Expert-level spreadsheet skills is a bonus, either MS Excel or G Sheets