Candidates must be willing to work as a W2 Employee
This position does not allow Corp to Corp.
Selected Candidates must undergo background check prior to starting.
As the Business Analyst you'll work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the timely completion of project deliverables in an Agile project environment. You'll be responsible for conducting the investigation, analysis, review, and documentation of the customer's business functions, processes, and IT needs. You will manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution), and supports the ongoing management of the requirements.
You'll also be responsible for creating specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the sign-off, development, testing, and implementation of IT solutions. An integral part of the BA role will be guiding the development team through Agile activities (i.e. Scrum Master). You may also be asked to support Quality Assurance initiatives, including creating test plans, test scripts, and providing additional QA support. You'll be expected to act independently to deliver and manage requirements and related deliverables, while also adding value to the overall project team. Expert communication skills are required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of an IT project lifecycle, including scope, schedule, and stakeholder engagement. The candidate will be able to work in a diverse environment and multitask multiple work streams at once. This associate will need to be able to work independently and take 100% ownership of tasks assigned. This position offers the opportunity to grow into a Deputy Project Manager Role.
The BA must be eligible to hold a Government Security Clearance.
- BA/BS degree (any field)
- 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst/Technical Writer or related position
- Ability to define functional business requirements and scope
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban) experience
- Ability to gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and translated them into functional solution
- Expert oral and written communication skills to facilitate critical discussions between business customers, project stakeholders, and contracting team
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and approaches including Agile
- Experience writing test plans and test cases
- Experience with issue/change management software using JIRA or similar tool
- Proven time management skills to ensure that tasks and documents are delivered according to schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Expert communication skills
- Desire to follow a career path
- MS degree (any field)
- 2-3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst/Technical Writer or related position
- Experience in a Team Lead capacity
- You get extra points if you possess a Scrum Master certification or demonstrated experience in Scrum Master role
- Experience working with or understanding of Drupal Content Management Systems highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and define customer requirements and project stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to guide project team, IT personnel, and business customers through the requirements process in an effective and efficient manner
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Capability to determine, understand, and document the business case and project scope
- Experience providing testing support; experience with automated test script tools
- You get extra points if you possess experience with working as a contractor/consultant with Federal Civilian Agency clients