Middleware Application Administrator
Direct Hire Position 16007IG
Candidate must be a US Citizen for this position
This position requires selected candidate go through an extensive background check that can take several weeks prior to starting.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
Be a part of a team that supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. Position is for M-F morning shift, but it is a 24X7 operations role. On-Call and after hours support for outages and pre-planned maintenance activities is required. Public Trust Clearance is required. Background Investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- BS or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
- Expertise in WebSphere Application Server(8) administration in Windows, and Linux environments.
- Expertise in WebSphere MQSeries(7 & 8) Administration.MQ
- Expertise in WebSphere IBM Integration Broker 10 and WebSphere Message Broker 7 on Windows and Unix environments
- Expertise in OC4J J2EE containers from Oracle
- Heavy, hands on experience with Sun Solaris and Linux Operating System
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Good knowledge about ETL Datastage administration and understanding about database concepts.
- Good Troubleshooting skills
- Good communications skills
- Work with the team and escalate things as and when needed
- Work independently and a quick learner
- Understanding of ESQL programming
- Experience with Databases like SQL and Oracle is a plus
- Knowledge of Documentum is a plus
- Knowledge of Control-M job scheduler is a plus
- Production support 24/7 on a rotation basis
- Experience with DR exercises.
- Experience with Weblogic server is a plus