Immediate career opportunity for a SeniorTest Engineer with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
Annapolis Junction or Linthicum Heights Locations
You must possess an Active Client Clearance in order to be considered for this opportunity.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting a variety of projects.
- Testers will be used across the Systems Development Lifecycle, as directed by the customer.
- Engaged from the initial prototyping/modeling through development and eventual deployment.
- Prepare use cases, test plans, and perform testing based on the system requirements.
- Testers shall be capable of performing the following types of testing as directed:
- Incremental Testing: This is the testing of integrated modules or components, for interoperability and functionality within the overall application, this testing is done specific to a module or component based on the requirements of that modules or component.
- Systems Testing: This is the testing o fa system in its entirety against the formal requirements for the overall application.
- Functional Testing: This testing focuses on the outputs, or deliverables, of the application, not the internal modules or components.
- Regression Testing: These are automated tool tests that validate the operability of the entire application. This is similar to Functional and Incremental testing, but applies as automated activities.
- Stress Testing: This testing is designed to push the system past its intended capability (ex: constant data load, complex queries run simultaneously, etc.)
- Load Testing: This is similar to Stress Testing, but Load Testing is done to assess the system’s functionality under heavy utilization, not necessarily utilization over-capacity.
- Performance Testing: This testing validates performance requirements and establishes a performance baseline. This level of testing should ensure that latency between page renderings, data formatting, etc. is repeatable.
- Usability Testing: This testing validates flow of the application and the user documentation provided; verify ease of navigation and overall complexity to a “new” user.
- Sixteen (16) years of experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years experience.
- Twelve (12) years of experience with bug tracking software (i.e. Bugzilla).
- Twelve (12) years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
- Twelve (12) years of experience developing or testing software written in C/C++, Java, Perl and scripting languages.
- Twelve (12) years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
- Six (6) years of experience estimating resources for testing task through the development of BOE documentation.
- Six (6) years of experience testing classified systems developed for intelligence purposes.
- Six (6) years of experience in a lead test role.
- Develop/write test cases and test procedures.
- Attention to detail and "test to break " mind set.
- Previous development experience and understanding of the SW development cycle.
- Ability to communicate well with technical (Developers) and non-technical (Customers) personnel.
Join a company that is well established in the Client community. You'll enjoy exceptional benefits including excellent healthcare coverage, low cost premiums, above average PTO, professional development reimbursement and more. Whether you are actively seeking a new position or just dipping your toes in the water – we'd love to chat with you about opportunities.