Immediate career opportunity for a SeniorTest Engineer with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance.
Annapolis Junction or Linthicum Heights Locations
You must possess an Active Client Clearance in order to be considered for this opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting a variety of projects.
- Testers will be used across the Systems Development Lifecycle, as directed by the customer.
- Engaged from the initial prototyping/modeling through development and eventual deployment.
- Prepare use cases, test plans, and perform testing based on the system requirements.
- Testers shall be capable of performing the following types of testing as directed:
- Incremental Testing: This is the testing of integrated modules or components, for interoperability and functionality within the overall application, this testing is done specific to a module or component based on the requirements of that modules or component.
- Systems Testing: This is the testing o fa system in its entirety against the formal requirements for the overall application.
- Functional Testing: This testing focuses on the outputs, or deliverables, of the application, not the internal modules or components.
- Regression Testing: These are automated tool tests that validate the operability of the entire application. This is similar to Functional and Incremental testing, but applies as automated activities.
- Stress Testing: This testing is designed to push the system past its intended capability (ex: constant data load, complex queries run simultaneously, etc.)
- Load Testing: This is similar to Stress Testing, but Load Testing is done to assess the system s functionality under heavy utilization, not necessarily utilization over-capacity.
- Performance Testing: This testing validates performance requirements and establishes a performance baseline. This level of testing should ensure that latency between page renderings, data formatting, etc. is repeatable.
- Usability Testing: This testing validates flow of the application and the user documentation provided; verify ease of navigation and overall complexity to a new user.
- Sixteen (16) years of experience in preparing, conducting, and documenting various systems tests and results to verify system operability and compliance with project standards and requirements.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years experience.
- Twelve (12) years of experience with bug tracking software (i.e. Bugzilla).
- Twelve (12) years of experience with OSI Model, TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, and other basic network concepts.
- Twelve (12) years of experience developing or testing software written in C/C++, Java, Perl and scripting languages.
- Twelve (12) years of experience testing software on Windows, Linux and Solaris Platforms.
- Six (6) years of experience estimating resources for testing task through the development of BOE documentation.
- Six (6) years of experience testing classified systems developed for intelligence purposes.
- Six (6) years of experience in a lead test role.
- Develop/write test cases and test procedures.
- Attention to detail and "test to break " mind set.
- Previous development experience and understanding of the SW development cycle.
- Ability to communicate well with technical (Developers) and non-technical (Customers) personnel.