Corporate Technical Recruiter
Direct Hire/Full Time Position
Candidates must be willing to work as a W2 Employee. This position requires US Citizenship or Green Card Status. Selected Candidates must undergo background check prior to starting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducting full life cycle recruiting of candidates with IT technical and functional expertise for a variety of Government contracts in VA, MD, DC and other locations as the company continues to grow.
- Sending Job Requirements to staffing firms; prescreening candidates; coordination of phone and in person interviews with candidates and hiring managers.
- Recruit for funded and contingent positions (50/50) in a quick turn-around and frequently changing and time sensitive environment.
- Developing recruitment plans and pipelines for difficult to fill positions while utilizing job boards and staffing firms as partners.
- Identifying, prescreening, evaluating, summarizing, presenting, and recommending candidates for interview/selection.
- Consulting with hiring managers and assisting with decision making.
- Taking a lead role on proposals and projects as assigned by manager – collaborating to identify and draft requirements, organizing and planning, personally recruiting candidates in most cases, and advising/consulting with management on processes, procedures, negotiating strategies, and winning strategies.
- Conducting new hire orientations, performance evaluations, addressing conflicts and terminating employees
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology or Human Resources or similar field from a reputable college or University
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Corporate Technical Recruiter working for a small business, IT Consulting Firm serving Federal Agencies.
- Experience with Federal Contracting HR compliance
- Experience with handling day to day HR issues including:
- Performance Evaluations
- Conflict Resolution
- Energetic and motivated professional with a desire to grow with the company
- Active listening, understanding and communicating skills
- Demonstrated experience using recruiting tools like Monster, JobVite, DICE and LinkedIn.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven ability/aptitude to learn and comprehend technical requirements and research new areas as needed.
- Proven dependability to organize projects or requirements and make it happen.
- Outgoing and easily able to develop rapport with management and candidates.
- Demonstrated follow-up skills and be dependable, organized, disciplined, and committed.
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, requirements, and processes with ease, traveling to other sites, or doing whatever needed to accomplish the job.
- Experience meeting with Stakeholders and clients to obtain detailed job requirement information.