RN – ED – PERM PLACEMENT
Shift: Nights (7p-7:30a)
Salary Range: $33.60-$42.00 per hour + Night Differential: $4.50 for NOC shift, $2.00 for evening
Sign on Bonus: Yes depending on candidate
Relocation: Yes depending on candidate situation
Location: Temecula, CA
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
– Three (3) years Emergency Room experience in an acute care facility with 140+ beds.
– Experience in a Trauma Center a plus!
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
– Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing program with ASN
– BSN preferred
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
– Registered Nurse with current California RN license
– Current BLS certification
– Current ACLS certification
– Current PALS certification
– Current NIHSS Stroke Scale certification
– CEN preferred
– Ability to work in high volume, fluctuating census environment.
– Subject to many interruptions.
– Subject to irregular work hours.
– Ability to work in fast-paced environment where noise levels fluctuate.
UNIT SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
– Demonstrates understanding of COBRA/EMTALA regulations.
– Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
– Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
– Demonstrates accurate assignment of triage categories using Emergency Severity Index and completes Triage Competencies before working in that position.
– Maintains current knowledge of medications and their current administration based on age of patient and their clinical condition.
– Able to assist emergency room physician with diagnosis and interventional procedures, i.e., central lines, closed reductions, advanced airway management.
– Competent to monitor the patient undergoing procedural sedation.
– Competent to perform ACLS and PALS algorithms and protocols.
– Maintains current competencies on all Emergency Department equipment including defibrillator, pacer, infusion pumps, etc.
– Follows the five rights of medication administration and maintains transcription accuracy.
– Administers blood products per hospital policy.
– Administers IV therapy per hospital policy.
– Able to function effectively during an emergency patient care situation.
– Demonstrates appropriate interventions regarding the use of restraints per hospital policy.
– Performs waived testing following hospital policy.
– Assumes responsibility for maintaining a high level of clinical expertise and adapts to new information, technology and changing trends in nursing practice.
– Maintains required certifications.