Software Engineer Principal – with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance
|Sixteen plus (16+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
Note: A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of general experience.
|At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers|
|At least five (5) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).|
Candidate must meet SWEP minimums, plus:
This position is as a member of a software team providing prototyping and evaluation of modern visualization tools, methods, platforms, and data sources in a laboratory environment working directly with the customers. Experience developing software designs based on system requirements. In particular, this position will focus on the evaluation and prototyping of solutions using COTS and GOTS visualization products and platforms (example Power Query, Power BI) and other third-party and generally available applications. Ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to innovate with a drive and desire to explore possible solutions to help refine the objectives, as well as anticipate future capabilities. Also previous experience with customer cloud resources, systems, and tools.
Demonstrated experience with developing and integrating software tools and applications in a Windows environment using MS tools and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). These include but not limited to MS Visual Studio, C# language, .NET frameworks, MS provided Software development Kits (SDKs). Previous visualization application development is highly desired. Hands on experience with the advanced features of Excel2013, Power Query, Power BI Desktop as well as Reporting Services, SQL Server, and SharePoint is a plus. Some previous Linux development experience is also a plus.
· Installation, configuration, and integration of COTS and GOTS visualization and analytic tools and apps in a laboratory (non-production) environment
· Evaluation of tools and application in a laboratory environment against a set of customer provided needs, data , and requirements.
· Engineering and prototyping of visualization data discovery solutions.
· Provides content in the forms of reports, newsletters, evaluation results, procedures, best practices, screenshots, guides, etc.. for customer consumption.
· Provides tool and application demonstrations as required to customers and/or other team members.