Candidates must be willing to work as a W2 Employee
This position requires US Citizenship or Green Card Status
Selected Candidates must undergo background check prior to starting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- With a Sense of Urgency, the Technical Recruiter will be conducting full life cycle recruiting of candidates with IT technical and functional expertise for a variety of Government contracts in VA, MD, DC and many other locations as we continue to grow and expand.
- Sending Job Requirements to Recruiting and Staffing Firms; pre screening their candidates; moving qualified candidates forward to the hiring manager within 12 hours; coordination of phone and in person interviews with candidates, staffing firms and hiring managers.
- Recruit for funded and contingent positions (50/50) in a quick turn-around and frequently changing environment.
- Technical recruiting efforts will also be needed for Federal Government proposals in a stressful environment.
- Developing recruitment plans and pipelines for difficult to fill positions while utilizing Job Boards and Staffing firms as partners.
- Identifying, prescreening, evaluating, summarizing, presenting, and recommending candidates for interview/selection.
- Consulting with hiring managers and assisting with decision making.
- Taking a lead role on proposals and projects as assigned by manager – collaborating to identify and draft requirements, organizing and planning, personally recruiting candidates in most cases, assisting other recruiters as needed or requested, and advising/consulting with management on processes, procedures, negotiating strategies, and winning strategies.
- Conducting New Hire Orientations
- Remaining upbeat and generally exhibiting an optimistic and supportive team spirit at all times.
- Undergraduate degree in psychology or similar field from a reputable college is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Technical Recruiter or Recruiting Coordinator working for a small business, IT Consulting Firm serving Federal Agencies.
- Young, energetic and motivated professional with a desire to grow with the company
- Sense of Urgency with great listening, understanding and communicating skills
- Demonstrated experience using recruiting tools like Monster, JobVite, DICE and Linked In.
- Proven experience screening IT candidates
- Experience facilitating interviews
- Experience using Microsoft Office products like MS. Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proven ability/aptitude to learn and comprehend technical requirements and research new areas as needed.
- Proven dependability to organize projects or requirements and make it happen.
- Outgoing and easily able to develop rapport with management and candidates.
- Demonstrated follow-up skills and be dependable, organized, disciplined, and committed.
- Have a passion and sense of urgency for recruiting with demanding deadlines and thrive in stressful and non-stressful situations remaining poised and professional at all times.
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, requirements, and processes with ease, traveling to other sites, or doing whatever needed to accomplish the job.
The selected employee will enjoy full benefits in addition to an incentive plan for successful placements.